Sunday, April 10, 2011

Working with Hearts and Hands

Hands on Oshkosh is an event that takes place each year for students that attend the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and also community members. Groups are sectioned off to surrounding organizations and schools in the Oshkosh community.

As Reeve Unions newest graphic designer, I was given the task to create the logo. A logo, wordmark or creation is an important part to the event or product that is being promoted. It speaks to the audience and should be aesthetically pleasing.

Each year the logo changes slightly and is printed on posters, t-shirts, napkin holders, and also displayed on our CampusVision. The hand theme plays a role every year - obviously, but this year I incorporated a heart on the hand. Personally when I took part in the event I felt like I was doing it out of the kindness of my heart and giving back to the community unselfishly.

The t-shirts were a hit at the event. All participants received a bright lime green shirt with the logo in blue and white, the committee had opposite colors. We had them printed from Offbeat Press, an awesome local t-shirt business in Oshkosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment